Mayer Brown's team of procurement lawyers is able to advise on the full range of public procurement law issues, from assisting clients in complying with procurement rules to advising them on challenges when there has been a breach. The team is able to draw upon its leading industry sector experience, including in the areas of construction and engineering, infrastructure, outsourcing, technology and energy. In particular, the team has extensive experience advising on procurement and tendering strategies.
The team provides pragmatic commercial legal advice to bidders, contracting authorities and utilities on issues such as:
- Application of the procurement rules to a particular procurement
- Procurement rules and their impact on the structuring of companies/outsourcing arrangements and land developments
- Due diligence on contracts awarded in compliance/contravention of the procurement rules
- Overlapping public procurement, competition and state aid issues
- Drafting and submission of notices in the Official Journal of the EU
- Compliance with tender requirements in a bid process
- Evaluation of the tender process
- Call-off arrangements under framework agreements
- "Changes" in the procurement either pre- or post- contract award
- Challenges to a decision to award a contract in breach of the rules
Mayer Brown's EU Procurement practice has substantial experience advising bidders, contracting authorities and utilities on all matters of public procurement.