To successfully deliver connected and autonomous vehicles, automakers need to build commercial relationships, comply with new safety regulations and address cybersecurity and privacy risks. Mayer Brown’s Connected & Autonomous Vehicles group provides clients with integrated, practical advice in negotiations, regulatory compliance and internal governance tailored to the needs of the automotive industry.
The automotive industry is poised to revolutionize the market for personal transportation through its advances in connected and autonomous vehicles. These technologies offer a new market of enormous potential for automakers, as well as for existing automotive suppliers and software and application developers working in the automotive space for the first time. But, as industry participants know, great opportunities come with significant risks—there will be winners and losers.
To be among the winners, players must:
- Build commercial relationships to engineer and integrate the necessary components and upgrade those components throughout the vehicle’s life in response to rapidly changing consumer preferences and transportation delivery models
- Anticipate, understand and comply with evolving safety regulations and related requirements
- Address cybersecurity and privacy risks
Mayer Brown’s Connected & Autonomous Vehicles group brings together highly skilled commercial and regulatory lawyers with deep automotive industry knowledge and unparalleled experience in these three areas. Our lawyers:
- Are internationally recognized for their work helping companies build business technology agreements that can operate on a global level and enhance the long-term relationships between customers and their suppliers
- Represent major vehicle manufacturers in regulatory matters before federal and state agencies and are called upon by individual clients and industry associations to address significant policy issues
- Have extensive experience developing strategic and practical approaches for managing cybersecurity and privacy risks for a wide range of enterprises, including automotive companies
Mayer Brown represents a diverse range of clients who value legal excellence, technical knowledge and business vision.