Our Global Energy practice supports energy companies and financial entities in the drafting of specialized agreements pertinent to the particular energy sector involved. We regularly counsel public and private companies in these matters and often are able to help them evaluate the risks in various transactions involving energy assets and products around the globe. The fact that these transactions are increasingly cross-border in nature means that our clients can realize significant advantages in structuring the transactions and coordinating their execution.
Examples of the types of energy transactions on which we advise include:
- Negotiating contracts involving the development and construction of pipelines, gas processing plants, refineries and petrochemical facilities
- Purchasing and selling producing and exploratory oil and natural gas properties, gathering systems, oil terminals, refineries, storage facilities and petrochemical facilities
- Creating business entities for energy ventures and concerns, including master limited partnerships
- Negotiating agreements and concessions with foreign governments and related agencies
- Preparing specialized energy marketing and trading contracts, and assisting in the acquisition and sale of energy trading companies and positions
- Purchasing and selling oil-field service and equipment companies and assets
- Negotiating ship sale and purchase vessel registration; charter parties, financing, new building and other contracts related to the transportation and storage of natural gas and LNG as well as providing advice on maritime law
- Creating appropriate organizational structures to transact business anywhere in the world in a manner that seeks to optimize cost efficiencies worldwide
Working hand in hand with our regulatory and tax attorneys, our lawyers in the Global Energy Practice Group regularly assist energy companies and those financing them to find the quickest and most tax-advantaged way to solve their business solutions–and on a worldwide basis.
The attorneys in our Global Energy Practice assist industry participants in achieving their goals, from raising capital to acquiring companies, divesting
assets, and negotiating complex specialized agreements.